Technical Writer - Deep Learning
- Do you want to learn new technologies and solve challenging problems in deep learning and artificial intelligence (AI)?
- Do you have a strong aptitude for writing and a flair for explaining complex concepts and procedures to technical audiences?
- Are you interested in developing products that play a key role in the advancement of engineering and science?
- Experienced in software development
- A recent graduate in computer science, maths, physics or engineering with a keen interest in technical communication
- An experienced writer with a strong technical background
- Enthusiastic about stats, machine learning, data science, or image processing
- Interact directly with end users to discover what they need to know to harness our technologies for solving real-world engineering problems.
- Distill the intricacies of our products into examples, procedures, and conceptual topics that help customers become productive quickly.
- Help shape the design of our cutting-edge tools before they go out the door.
Our doc team has over 150 passionate technical professionals helping design and explain cutting-edge products for millions of users and hundreds of thousands of web visitors a day. Content developers are core members of a multidisciplinary team that includes software engineers, quality engineers, technical marketing specialists, and UX professionals, all with a common goal: to develop high-quality software that meets the needs of customers ranging from students to advanced engineers.
We are looking for self-starters with the background, skills, and enthusiasm for communicating creative ways to use MathWorks deep learning products.
- Develop creative examples that show how to use MATLAB to solve deep learning workflows, including cloud and GPU computing.
- Explain algorithms, app workflows, and important end-to-end use cases for deep learning applications across many domains such as images, audio, text, signals and time series.
- Work with the user community and customer-facing groups to understand what they need to learn to be successful with our deep learning software.
- Participate with the development team in product planning, design review, and testing to shape the design of our cutting-edge products before they go out the door.
- Help MathWorks develop next-generation online resources.
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Ability to learn and explain practical deep learning concepts and procedures
- Ability to develop and document creative examples of functionality to help users meet real-world design goals
- Experience writing for technical audiences, such as scientists and engineers
- Enthusiastic about working in cross-functional teams, with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with deep learning or machine learning
- Knowledge of MATLAB and/or Simulink
- Some experience of other programming languages
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.