Linux System Engineer
Are you looking for a team and a company where your contribution is impactful and valued? Come join MathWorks in our UK Cambridge office and help us to perform all aspects related to the Linux server operations in MathWorks. A successful candidate will have Linux experience and be willing to learn industry-leading technologies that MathWorks is using within its global infrastructure. The role will provide the opportunity to work within a collaborative, enthusiastic, international team.
This position will have a focus on providing IT System Administration
- Responsible for day-to-day support and triage of issues related to worldwide Hosting operations
- Contribute to troubleshooting and remdiation of Hosting failures
- Provide first-level triage for IT Support escalations and related customer issues
- Participation in the Worldwide Hosting operating mechasims
- Automation using scripting and enhancing / re-engineering processes to gain efficiencies
- Proactively documents solutions and transfers knowledge with team members
- Identify opportunities to improve Hosting efficiencies through tooling, process chanage, automation, etc.
- A bachelor's degree and 3 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience with Linux
- BS/BA degree in computer science, computer engineering, information systems, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience with Information Technology
- Linux general knowledge, particularly CentOS
- Basic knowledge of virtualization, storage and networking
- General knowledge of hardware setup and maintenance
- Working knowledge of troubleshooting techniques and monitoring tools
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to work well in a fast paced agile environment
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.