Natural Language Processing Developer
Join the MATLAB software development team and help scientists and engineers analyze and work with their unstructured text more effectively. We are looking for self-motivated problem solvers to help lead development of MATLAB’s Text Analytics Toolbox, working on all aspects of software engineering from design through to delivery.
Design, develop and maintain the next generation of natural language processing (NLP) and text analytics features in MATLAB.
- Define requirements and design MATLAB API for features through prototyping and collaborative design reviews
- Develop appropriate software architecture and implement the designs
- Write clean, carefully crafted, well-tested code
- Participate in all team activities such as planning, design discussions and reviews, and usability sessions
- Work effectively with other teams to provide a quality product for our customers
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Several years of experience with text analytics workflows and frameworks including natural language processing toolkits such as NLTK or spaCy
- Familiarity with machine learning and deep learning techniques
- Proficiency with a scientific computer language such as MATLAB, Python, or R
- Experience with object-oriented programming, such as C++ or Java
To all recruitment agencies: MathWorks does not accept agency CVs. Please do not submit CVs to our career site or to our MathWorks staff. MathWorks is not responsible for any fees for CVs submitted by an agency.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.