Software Engineer - Code Generation and Build
Join a core development team and enhance the experience of users performing code generation from MATLAB and Simulink. MATLAB and Simulink are the products of choice for engineers doing Model-Based Design. Our customers use our products to:
- Model and simulate their dynamic systems (e.g., cars, aircraft, spacecraft)
- Design the algorithms needed to control these systems
- Automatically generate production embedded software that is deployed in the real system
You will work on the MATLAB and Simulink Coder build process that drives code generation and manages build information for makefile generation/execution and code packaging to support a variety of host and target application use cases, including simulation, verification, and deployment.
You will be tasked with creating tools of exceptional quality that accelerate the development of embedded software. You will be responsible for designing, implementing and validating new features to support this workflow including:
- An overall distributed system build process that automatically triggers multiple application, component and sub-component code generation from Simulink models, with integrated runtime environment code allowing support for real-time operating systems, bare board systems, and a wide variety of hardware platforms
- Integration with industry standard tooling for flexible software build
- Application of parallel code generation and build technology for maximum performance
To achieve this, you will be required to work closely with other team members in Cambridge, UK and Natick, North America.
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- A good first degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or a related discipline from a top tier university
- Industry-strength, software development experience in C++ or other object-oriented programming language
- Experience with compiler toolchains and build environments
- Solid oral and written communication
- Self-motivated, independent worker, with a history of driving tasks to completion
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here