C++ Software Engineer - Distributed Applications
MathWorks are beginning a large-scale technology transformation to re-architect key parts of our products in modern C++ (C++11/14). We are now hiring software engineers to join our exceptional team of developers designing and implementing new connected workflows and capabilities.
You will be creating infrastructure to support distributed applications and services, scaling up from the desktop to the cloud.
This is an outstanding opportunity to use C++ and web technologies to build the foundation that will underpin these changes.
- Collaborate with team members internationally to produce high-quality code that is robust, efficient and scalable.
- Communicate ideas and designs to stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
- Actively participate in design evaluation, code reviews and project planning.
- Be responsible for the full software lifecycle; from requirements, architecture, API design and implementation to bug fixing and maintenance.
- Re-architect existing components to accommodate new requirements.
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- Proficiency in object-oriented C++.
- Experience with developing for multiple platforms and operating systems.
- Understanding of operating system concepts: memory management, processes, multithreading, mutexes, IPC.
- Strong communication skills and a track record of delivering in a team environment.
- Familiarity with network protocols (HTTP1/HTTP2, web sockets, TCP, TLS) would be an advantage.
- Although prior experience of MATLAB is not required, a desire to learn our product suite is essential.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here