Software Engineer- Distributed Applications
- Do you want to develop your software engineering skills?
- Do you want to be part of a creative team using the latest technologies to solve exciting real-world challenges?
- Do you want to write code that will underpin the next generation of MathWorks products?
- Do you want a highly competitive salary package that rewards your talent and ambition?
Our exceptional team of developers use modern C++ to support new connected workflows and capabilities across MathWorks products.
You will join this team, creating infrastructure to support distributed applications and services, scaling up from the desktop to the cloud.
We are beginning a large-scale technology transformation to re-architect key parts of MathWorks products in modern C++ (C++11/14).
This is an outstanding opportunity to use C++ and web technologies to build the foundation that will underpin these changes.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle; from requirements gathering, design and implementation to bug fixing and maintenance.
- Collaborate with team members across international groups to produce high-quality code that is robust, efficient and scalable.
- Actively participate in design evaluation, code reviews and project planning.
- Communicate ideas and designs to stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
- Consolidate and extend your skills in both industry standard and MathWorks technologies.
- Work on mission-critical code from the outset, supported by a range of training opportunities.
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- A strong post-graduate degree in a computing, technical or scientific discipline.
- Some experience in object-oriented programming and a desire to learn more.
- Enthusiasm for software development.
- Strong communication skills and an effective approach to teamwork.
- Although prior experience of MATLAB is not required, a desire to learn our product suite is essential.
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here