University of Leeds MATLAB Student Ambassador
Hybrid Work Model
MathWorks has a hybrid work model that enables staff members to split their time between office and home. The hybrid model provides the advantage of having both in-person time with colleagues and flexible at-home life optimizations. Learn More.
Are you a passionate proponent of MATLAB? Do you enjoy sharing your passion with your fellow students? Are you adept at social media (Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Twitter, blogging, etc.)? If so, you may be a perfect fit for the MATLAB Student Ambassador position.
As a MATLAB Student Ambassador, you will act as a link between MathWorks and your university. You will organize events on campus and use social media to spread awareness for the MathWorks brand and products among students. You will work closely with MathWorks employees and will have a great opportunity to network with fellow students, other student ambassadors and professors. More importantly, you will also gain valuable professional experience working with a leading scientific software company.
The MATLAB Student Ambassador position requires a commitment of maximum of 5 hours per week. The MATLAB Student Ambassador will:
- Plan and organize events on campus to demonstrate the state of the art with MATLAB and Simulink
- Use social media outlets and prevalent communication channels at the university to spread awareness for MathWorks products
- Promote MathWorks presence at events such as university career fairs and information sessions
The candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Proficient in MATLAB , familiarity with Simulink a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills with a passion for social media (e.g. Facebook)
- Undergraduate or Graduate student in good academic standing with at least 2 semesters remaining in the degree program (preferably in Engineering)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Legal authorization to work in the UK
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's the opportunity to accelerate the pace of discovery, innovation, and learning in engineering and science. And it’s a commitment to doing the right thing—for each individual, our customers, and the local community. We cultivate an enjoyable, participatory, and rational environment that champions individual growth, appreciates diversity, encourages initiative, values collaboration, shares success, and rewards excellence.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs more than 5,000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, USA. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
YOU + MathWorks = Unlimited Possibilities
Join Our Talent Network
Receive personalized job opportunities, stories, and company updates.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.