Parallel Computing Content Developer
- Are you driven by learning new technologies and sharing your knowledge?
- Do you have a strong aptitude for writing and a flair for explaining complex concepts and procedures to technical audiences?
- Are you interested in developing products that play a key role in the advancement of engineering and science?
Come and join a team at MathWorks that develops content to explain how to use cutting-edge parallel computing technologies in MATLAB.
MathWorks parallel computing products are used by scientists and engineers to speed up code, solve bigger computational problems with big data, and scale up to clusters and clouds. Users rely on our documentation to get to grips with new features and concepts, so they can be more productive, more quickly.
Working as part of a cross-functional team, you will develop creative examples of functionality to help users meet real-world goals, as well as exploring and explaining practical parallel computing concepts and procedures. You might be:
- Experienced in software development
- A recent graduate in computer science, maths, physics or engineering with a keen interest in technical communication
- An experienced writer with a strong technical background
Our documentation team has over 100 passionate technical professionals helping design and explain cutting-edge products for millions of users and hundreds of thousands of web visitors a day. Content developers are core members of a multidisciplinary team that includes software engineers, quality engineers, technical marketing specialists, and UX professionals, all with a common goal: to develop high-quality software that meets the needs of customers ranging from students to advanced engineers.
- Write goal-oriented content that explains concepts and techniques for parallelizing MATLAB algorithms, including working with big data, GPU computing, clusters and clouds.
- Develop examples and tutorials that demonstrate important use cases for our parallel computing products.
- Work with the user community and customer-facing groups to understand what they need to learn to be successful with our parallel computing software.
- Participate with the development team in product planning, design review, and testing to shape the design of our cutting-edge products before they go out the door.
- A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
- Experience writing for technical audiences, such as scientists and engineers.
- Experience with parallel computing
- Knowledge of MATLAB and/or Simulink
- Some experience programming in C or related languages
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here