Model-Based Design Engineer
The growth of Model-Based Design and automatic code generation has created demand for support of complex production deployments of Simulink, Stateflow, code generation and verification. The candidate requires a unique combination of skills involving application engineering, software development and industry domain expertise. The candidate will support major corporate customers in the application of MathWorks products for Model Based Design. The support will involve recommending technical approaches using the existing products and providing customized solutions for advanced applications. There will be special focus on simulation, automatic code generation and V&V. The successful candidate will help establish strong technical relationships with key customers.
The candidate will leverage skills in C, C++, MATLAB, Simulink, and Stateflow to provide advanced code generation solutions. Projects will vary from short duration coaching to extended advanced deployments. The focus is on long term solid technical success driving an expansion of product usage.
The candidate will be part of a large international pilot engineering team with operations in Asia, United States and Europe. The international team operates within a common charter and process. Pilot Engineers in Europe cooperate closely on projects. Periodic visits to the United States and some European countries will be necessary.
- Generate excitement, confidence and passion for usage of Model-Based Design, including Embedded Coder and V&V tools, in complex production deployments
- Serve as a primary advisor to select customers using Simulink, Embedded Coder, V&V and other related tools to provide technical assistance from short questions/answers to detailed deployment plans
- Work directly with select customers to establish project road maps for Model-Based Design and Embedded Coder deployments.
- Establish deployment requirements and work with other development engineers to implement required features or determine how to use existing features most effectively.
- Establish technical procedures for solving complex deployment problems.
- Periodic travel is required (up to 25%)
- Work closely with sales teams and other customer facing staff focused on a fast paced and continually evolving strategy for successful adoption of tools for deployments
- A bachelor's degree and 7 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree and 5 years of professional work experience, or a PhD degree, or equivalent experience) is required.
- Experience with using Simulink and Stateflow for controls, signal processing or software development
- Experience with embedded controls or signal processing software development and related technologies including one or more of the following:
- High integrity applications (DO-178, ISO 26262 or similar)
- Signal processing
- Verification and validation techniques
- Strong desire and ability to work with customers and turn their needs into actionable plans
- Effective verbal and written communications skills, both with customers and internal
- Strong customer facing skills
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects with ability to multi-task based upon frequently changing business opportunities and external demands
- Verification and Validation tool experience
- Application of formal methods for property proving and test case generation
- Automatic code generation experience
- Fixed point programming experience
- Tools development experience
- Aerospace or automotive controls/software development experience
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here