Application Engineer- Automotive/ Aerospace
As an Application Engineer, you will use your technical expertise in software, modelling and simulation to accelerate the pace of engineering development and innovation through Model-Based Design with MATLAB and Simulink. Working with customers from major UK and European engineering organisations, and colleagues from Engineering, Development, Sales and Marketing, you will enable the successful adoption, application and evolution of MathWorks technology.
Supporting successful adoption of MATLAB, Simulink, and tools for production code generation, verification, validation and test, by:
- Analysing customer requirements, tools and workflows at the individual and team levels
- Designing and guiding evaluations and demonstrator projects
- Consulting on effective use on production development programs
- Solving demanding technical problems in modelling, simulation, control, estimation and software engineering
- Identifying new trends and collaborating with the worldwide team to develop compelling messages and demonstrations
- Advocating for the future direction of MathWorks products
- A bachelor's degree and 18 years of professional work experience (or equivalent experience) is required.
The successful candidate must have:
- Strong first degree in a relevant subject, such as Engineering
- Experience with using Simulink for development of software for automotive or aerospace applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work on and drive multiple projects concurrently
In addition, experience in the following areas will be advantageous:
- Leading technical projects
- Working with high integrity applications (DO-178, ISO 26262, or similar)
- Developing and using simulation models of mechanical and/or electrical systems
- Configuring tools to automate software and/or simulation workflows
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 5000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement.
The pay transparency policy is available here.
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here.