Application Engineering Manager
Are you an engineer with deep technical skills, motivated to lead teams and projects focused on MATLAB and Simulink across a range of industries?
MathWorks is seeking an experienced manager to lead a team of Application Engineers based in Cambridge, UK. We work hands-on with our customers to enable their success applying technical computing and model-based design tools and methods. This position requires a wide range of skills and abilities including:
- Understanding customers' engineering challenges and development processes
- Mapping out, developing and supporting technical solutions to meet customers’ requirements
- Driving and supporting a portfolio of projects and accounts, both directly and through the team
- Enable customer success using MathWorks tools through technical engagements
- As part of the senior technical team, prioritise and coordinate engineering activities to drive technical and commercial progress
- Coach, mentor, manage and recruit team members
- Provide feedback to MathWorks' software team to influence the next generation of tools
- Share information and experience with MathWorks' consulting, sales and marketing teams
- A bachelor's degree and 12 years of professional work experience is required.
- A good first degree from a highly regarded university
- 7+ years (or Ph.D. plus 4+ years) of relevant professional experience
- 2+ years of management experience, preferably in a customer-facing engineering environment
- Professional use of MATLAB and Simulink
- Technical consulting and/or project leadership
- Management experience including coaching, mentoring, performance management, recruitment
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
In addition, experience in one or more of the following areas will be advantageous:
- Development of software tools and/or automation for engineering applications
- Statistics, machine learning, optimization
- Control design, signal processing, plant modelling
- Real-time and embedded software
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4500 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
if you need reasonable accommodation because of a disability in order to apply for a position.
The MathWorks, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. View The EEO is the Law poster
and its supplement
The pay transparency policy is available here
MathWorks participates in E-Verify. View the E-Verify posters here