What's New in Release 14 with Service Pack 2
Release 14 with Service Pack 2, launched on March 7, 2005, provides updates to MATLAB 7, Simulink 6, and 68 other products. The primary focus of this service pack is on quality improvements; it also contains more than 100 minor features. Release 14 with Service Pack 2 also delivers support for C++ code generation in Real-Time Workshop and includes two new products for distributed computing launched since Service Pack 1.
|Release 14 with Service Pack 2|
Products with major updates
Other updated products
* Indicates product was introduced after Release 14 with Service Pack 1, and is now available on the Service Pack 2 CD.
- Distributed execution of coarse-grained MATLAB algorithms and Simulink models on remote MATLAB sessions
- Control of the distributed computing process via a function-based or an object-based interface
- Distributed processing on both homogeneous and heterogeneous platforms
- Support for synchronous and asynchronous operations
- Access to single or multiple clusters by single or multiple users
- A FlightGear Flight Simulator interface, enabling you to visualize simulation results using high-quality flight simulation graphics
- Transformations and equations of motion for world or Earth-Centered Earth-Fixed (ECEF) coordinates, letting you model high-orbiting and long-range vehicles
- Point mass models, providing the simplified representations required in multiple body modeling
- Navigation blocks, including an accelerometer, gyroscope and inertial measurement unit
- Progressive multiple sequence alignment with support distributed computing support
- Neighbor-joining phylogenetic reconstruction
- Machine learning functions for classification and pattern recognition
- Enhanced phylogenetic tree handling tools, such as weighting, canonical forms, and rerooting
- Interactive sequence viewer for viewing features such as CDs and ORFs
- Simulink Blockset Library
- Quality Data Properties
Please refer to the Release Notes for information on updates to the following products:* Indicates product upgrade was introduced after Release 14 with Service Pack 2 and is available to download via the Web.
A service pack is a collection of bug fixes, features, and Web releases made since the last general release, captured in a full media set.